Become a GO2
Do you need support advocating for your school community?
Do you want to see more resources for and focus on the needs of students?
Become a GO2!
GO Public Schools is recruiting passionate teachers and parents to become GO2s at public schools and within communities throughout Oakland. We are building relationships within school communities to create a shared network that ensures parent, teacher, and community voices are represented in school district decision-making and other issues that impact Oakland students.We offer GO2s:
GO2s have three primary responsibilities:
- Opportunity to become a leader in your school community
- Opportunity to influence policy/create system change
- Leadership development support
- Access to information and training
- Access to an Oakland network focused on making positive change!
- Getting information out to their communities
- Recruiting members/advocates
- Explaining GO's Beliefs and Visions
Our preliminary goal is to recruit at least 2 parent and 2 teacher volunteer leaders at every Oakland public school.
In order to continue our work to provide information and advocate for quality public schools for all Oakland students, we need the financial support of our membership. GO2s help ensure that GO Public Schools has a diverse, representative, and growing membership
to sustain our activities. Membership is only $25.00 per year and can be spread out into payments of $5.00. Current issues we are focused on:
- Promoting participation in OUSD strategic planning process
- Developing understanding of conditions to support effective teaching
- Understanding the impact of state budget cuts
- Helping Oaklanders become education voters
- Promoting collaboration across schools, nonprofits and other agencies
For more information please contact Sara Nuño at firstname.lastname@example.org